We are Amy and Gail Shingler, sisters-in-law and friends!
We are passionate about living authentic and intentional lives!
We are enthusiastic about healthy eating!
We created a space to share our favorite recipes & the life philosophies from which they stem!
Our desire is to inspire,
may you be edified by what you read here!
Sunday, January 6, 2013
i've decided these are my resolutions
god created an amazing creature in me
and a hurt heart has kept me from loving myself fully and trusting myself fully,
which translates into loving and trusting others less fully!
and what a waste of time because
god loves me
and god’s love is enough,
i don’t need to put my faith in others to not let me down-
god will always be my one true source of strength and inspiration and enthusiasm for life
regardless of the thoughts, words and actions of others, regardless of my circumstances
2. to continue to say each day, all day,
“how shall i serve you today? and to respond…
to not miss opportunities placed before me to show great love and care,
whether it is stopping in my rush somewhere to listen to the story of a homeless man and share a laugh and a hug, or to make a meal for someone who is sick when i myself am exhausted, or write that card or make that call so that someone knows they are not alone, that they are thought of, that they are celebrated, my creator will give me all the strength and superpowers i need, and i will be the one truly blessed to serve others!
3. to walk toward, not away from, the people who challenge and frustrate me,
the truth is that they love me enough to come into my life
to teach me the lessons i am ready to learn about myself-
they push buttons to show me i have buttons,
i want to grow and stretch, and stretch and grow beyond my comfort level, to cry and scream and walk straight into life’s “fires,” bravely, to be refined and experience greater depth and meaning in being alive,
i don’t want to have any buttons left to push by the time i take my last breathe!
4. to say ‘thank you’ for every apology i have never, and may never, receive.
5. to laugh every laugh and to cry every tear, to hug "strangers" and talk to people in elevators, and leave things, experiences, people and places lighter and brighter because i was there!
6. to remember every single day that we are ONE, every single person and creature and growing thing on this planet, they ALL belong to me to care for, to lift, to help along, to hug, to cry and laugh with, to enjoy! they all deserve the very best of me, those who would strike me down as well as those who think i am neat, they all deserve 100% of what i have and what i am! no giving to those who give back and withholding from those who don't, EVERYONE DESERVES MY ALL, ALWAYS!