We are Amy and Gail Shingler, sisters-in-law and friends!

We are passionate about living authentic and intentional lives!

We are enthusiastic about healthy eating!

We created a space to share our favorite recipes & the life philosophies from which they stem!

Our desire is to inspire,

may you be edified by what you read here!

Thursday, September 20, 2012

Diet vs. Excercise?

Click on this link and watch:
http://nutritionfacts.org/video/is-it-the-diet-the-exercise-or-both/

Today I watched this intriguing video where they compared a plant strong diet with moderate exercise to a Standard American Diet with strenuous exercise to see which one would fight cancer better.  The results were mind blowing.  Please watch for yourself.  It is only a few minutes long and will inspire you to eat plant strong.  Exercise is very important, but we need to remember that good nutrition will help boost our immune systems to the max.  

There are a lot of voices in our society that yell to get our attention and call us to bust our booties in the gym all for the sake of the exterior.  What if we focused on the internal?  I know for me, I want to silence these screams and embrace a pursuit to hone in on the internal...how I treat others, myself, my mind, my body, my family, my friends.  It is easy to fall in line with everyone else and do what we see patterned for us.  It is much harder yet more satisfying to be true to who we are as people from the inside out. 

4 comments:

  1. I have recently lost 53 pounds on a plant-based diet along with daily running. I am excited about this new way of eating and just ordered "Eat to Live". If you have read it, I would be interested in your opinion of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. how exciting!!!!!!!!
    we hope you are feeling more alive as a result!
    we'd be interested to hear how it has changed or affected your outlook, perceptions, relationships, anything and everything...
    i follow joel fuhrman and am so glad he is in the mainstream media with his messages of health and well being!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eat to Live is one of my favorite books. It was one of the first books that truly educated me and inspired me to eat with intentionality and wholeness. I understand he has a new edition and I want to read it again as well. Thanks for sharing, let us know how you like it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. amy, this post is so beautifully written and inspiring!

    ReplyDelete