We are Amy and Gail Shingler, sisters-in-law and friends!

We are passionate about living authentic and intentional lives!

We are enthusiastic about healthy eating!

We created a space to share our favorite recipes & the life philosophies from which they stem!

Our desire is to inspire,

may you be edified by what you read here!

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

is perception truly reality?

















who loves me?  
or is the question, who do i feel loved BY?  
the truth is: perception is reality...or is it?
and whether or not people actually love me, if i THINK they do, that is how i respond to them...
hmmmm...
maybe, in order to love EVERYONE UNCONDITIONALLY, it makes sense to assume EVERYONE loves me, that no one is out to get me, that everyone is on my side...
hmmmm...
or maybe it makes sense simply not to take personally the expressions or lack of expressions of love from others...simply appreciate kind, thoughtful acts for what they are: kind, thoughtful acts, and ignore thoughtless, selfish acts, noting what they are: thoughtless, selfish acts...
NEITHER being a reflection of or on me, but rather, BOTH  being a reflection of and on where others are! 
hmmmm...
maybe i should resist being affected, rattled, moved, swayed, or influenced by whether or not i THINK people DO or DON'T love me and simply move and live and breathe and speak from where i am living, from my own loving spirit, a spirit GROWING and GROWING and GROWING more and more healthy, strong, selfless, and generous...
hmmmm...
i share MORE of ME with those who make me FEEL safe...
i will admit i have shared lots of ME with those i THOUGHT were safe and they turned out not to be...
i guess that brings me back to perception possibly being reality and maybe that idea needs more dissection...
hmmmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment