this was an accidental pizza...i tossed a bunch of strange things on a ready-to-bake round from the health food store, where, by the by, i can now buy RICE pizza rounds...but i digress...i'm glad i decided to take a picture pre-baking just in case it turned out well...because, it did! here's what i put on it:
- sauteed sweet onions, red bell peppers, mushrooms, purple onions
- chopped spinach (you could also use kale and get its health benefits while its hidden under all the other flavors if you don't like kale yet!)
- chopped up DATES! ???!!!???!!! just sprinkled them around...
- DAIYA brand soy cheddar cheese...the pizza tasted amazing but i think i will use the DAIYA mozzarella next time so i get more of the flavors of the vegies...below is a picture of the three bags i try to keep on hand...they really do melt and are a great substitute for real cheese!
- and before i put all that on, i spread the pizza round with a bit of lentil curry simmer sauce instead of red pizza sauce! if you are a vegetarian and not a vegan you could use a creamy coconut curry sauce, found in the international foods section of most grocery stores...
|soy based, meltable "cheeses"|
the pepper jack is great for quesadillas!