We are Amy and Gail Shingler, sisters-in-law and friends!

We are passionate about living authentic and intentional lives!

We are enthusiastic about healthy eating!

We created a space to share our favorite recipes & the life philosophies from which they stem!

Our desire is to inspire,

may you be edified by what you read here!

Monday, August 20, 2012

feast on life!


acceptance, responsibility, defenselessness...
these are the ideas i walk toward everyday, the ideas that help me grow STRONG, the ideas that keep me open to adventure and that allow me to run, jump and play, to laugh LOUDLY and FREELY, the ideas that allow me to FEAST ON LIFE! 

1. I will practice Acceptance. Today I will accept people, situations, circumstances, and events as they occur. I will know that this moment is as it should be, I will not struggle against this moment. My acceptance is total and complete. I accept things as they are this moment, not as I wish they were. 



2. Having accepted things as they are, I will take Responsibility for my situation and for all those events I see as problems. I know that taking responsibility means not blaming anyone or anything for my situation (and this includes myself). I also know that every problem is an opportunity in disguise, and this alertness to opportunities allows me to take this moment and transform it into a greater benefit. 



3. Today my awareness will remain established in Defenselessness. I will relinquish the need to defend my point of view. I will feel no need to convince or persuade others to accept my point of view. I will remain open to all points of view and not be rigidly attached to any one of them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment