We are Amy and Gail Shingler, sisters-in-law and friends!

We are passionate about living authentic and intentional lives!

We are enthusiastic about healthy eating!

We created a space to share our favorite recipes & the life philosophies from which they stem!

Our desire is to inspire,

may you be edified by what you read here!

Saturday, August 25, 2012

Happy Birthday to my mommy!  Today is my mother's birthday and in her honor I am making her a  peanut butter and chocolate mousse pie with a date nut crust.  I am queen of "Fast and tasty" so fasten your seat belts.  When I make this pie it is gone within minutes.


Crust: 
1 Cup Dates, pitted
1/3 cup Walnuts
1/3 cup cashews
1/3 cup almonds
1 tsp. vanilla extract

Filling:
1 Pkg. Silken Lite Tofu
2 Tbsp. Cocoa Powder
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/3 cup maple syrup or agave

Bottom Layer:
1/4 - 1/3 cup Peanut Butter 
1/4 cup Chocolate Chips, chopped
Blend crust ingredients in food processor. Press crust into pie pan. Blend filling ingredients in blender.  Slather a layer of peanut butter along bottom of crust.  Drop a few chocolate chips on top of peanut butter if desired.  Pour the mousse filling on top of the peanut butter. Top with chopped Chocolate chips or mini choclate chips. Freeze then serve. 

Happy Birthday to a woman who has given me life and direction.  She has taught me how to smile, has reminded me more than once "the best is yet to come", and I am pretty sure I inherited her love of chocolate.  I love you mom!


1 comment:

  1. i woke up in the middle of the night and said
    "i've got to get that recipe from amy even if she's not ready to put it on the blog!"
    are we in tune or what?
    thank you and happy birthday to the woman who brought fabulous you into the world!

    ReplyDelete