We are Amy and Gail Shingler, sisters-in-law and friends!

We are passionate about living authentic and intentional lives!

We are enthusiastic about healthy eating!

We created a space to share our favorite recipes & the life philosophies from which they stem!

Our desire is to inspire,

may you be edified by what you read here!

Tuesday, August 7, 2012


The temperature registers at 104 degrees today in Boise, Idaho.  One placard read 114 degrees which is mind-blowing.   Either way, I think you could fry an egg on a rock; but alas not me since there are no eggs to be had in my fridge.  There are only downloadable photos of eggs here.   I thought this might be a great post for the summer heat as it is one of my family's favorites.  And no chicks were harmed in the production of this dessert. Come on, I had to say it.   Not only is it easy, but you control the sweetness and the amount of all ingredients.  Here goes:


Frozen HEALTHY Yogurt

Ingredients:

1  24-32 oz. non-dairy yogurt (I go for vanilla flavored and whatever is on sale)
2-3 cups frozen fruit (any variety will do, whatever floats your boat)
Agave nectar or maple syrup to sweeten (add a few Tbsp. at a time as not to over sweeten)

Blend in a high powered blender.   If it is too liquidy add more frozen fruit.  If it is too thick add some water or non-dairy milk such as coconut, soy, or almond milk.

We have been known to have this for dinner.  Like tonight, okay nobody judge me! :)  You know you want some too.



No comments:

Post a Comment